- 1 Can not use phone number for iMessage?
- 2 How do I activate iMessage without a carrier?
- 3 Can you still use your iPhone without phone service?
- 4 How do I activate iMessage with my phone number?
- 5 How do I activate iMessage on my iPhone?
- 6 Can you activate iMessage without a SIM card?
- 7 Does iMessage work if you change SIM?
- 8 Can I use iMessage on iPad without an iPhone?
- 9 Can you FaceTime on an iPhone without service?
- 10 Can I use my old iPhone without a SIM card?
- 11 What can you do with an old iPhone?
- 12 How long does it take to activate iMessage on iPhone?
- 13 What does it mean when a contact is not registered with iMessage?
- 14 How do I make iCloud and iMessage the same?
- 15 Why is iMessage not working on my new iPhone?
- 16 How do I send iMessage instead of SMS?
- 17 Why do my iMessages send Green?
- 18 How do I use my phone number for iMessage without SIM card?
- 19 People also ask:
It defaults to your appleID if you don’t have a phone number. You will be able to Facetime and iMessage any other iOS or Mac OS user but you will not be able to send or receive an SMS.
Can not use phone number for iMessage?
You must have an active cellular plan on your device and be able to send and receive text messages. If you’re out of cellular coverage, do not have a cellular plan at all, or have SMS blocked on your account for some reason, you will not be able to use your phone number for iMessage or FaceTime, as Apple cannot help.
How do I activate iMessage without a carrier?
Pro Tip: In a nutshell, you simply need to select your Apple ID under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive to send messages over Wi-Fi without a SIM card. Even if you see Waiting for activation, you can send and receive messages via your Apple ID.
Can you still use your iPhone without phone service?
An iPhone can work fine without a carrier, but you won’t be able to make Cellular calls without an active service plan from a carrier. The service plan is what lets you among other things make cellular voice calls.
How do I activate iMessage with my phone number?
- Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- In the “You can receive iMessages” section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
How do I activate iMessage on my iPhone?
- In Settings, scroll until you find “Messages” and tap. In Settings, find Messages.
- At the top of the screen, find iMessage. At the top, find the iMessage toggle.
- If the slider on the right is green, iMessage is already enabled. If not, tap the slider to enable iMessage.
Can you activate iMessage without a SIM card?
iMessage though require a SIM Card & Apple ID to activate, it doesn’t require a SIM card every time it sends a message. It however does require access to internet either through WiFi or Data. So if you plan to use it without SIM card, you must should’ve access to WiFi.
Does iMessage work if you change SIM?
The iMessage bug doesn’t only happen when changing to an international number, but also if you change providers within the same country, and even when upgrading to a new operating system.
Can I use iMessage on iPad without an iPhone?
You will only be able to send iMessages to other iOS users from the iPad. That will not impact the Android phone and the phone can’t impact the iPad since it is not an iPhone.
Can you FaceTime on an iPhone without service?
Facetime only works on the iPhone with wi-fi. “You can make a video call to someone with a device that supports FaceTime. No setup is needed, but you must have a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet.”
Can I use my old iPhone without a SIM card?
Yes. Once activated the Phone can be used without a sim card. All features function except of course making calls and sending texts. This might help answer your question.
What can you do with an old iPhone?
- Sell or donate it.
- Make it a dedicated music player.
- Turn it into a kid’s entertainment device.
- Make it an Apple TV remote.
- Make it a permanent car, bike, or kitchen fixture.
- Use it as a baby monitor.
- Turn it into your bedside buddy.
How long does it take to activate iMessage on iPhone?
- Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- If you’re using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages.
What does it mean when a contact is not registered with iMessage?
If an existing group chat consists entirely of iPhone users, messages are not forwarded to traditional SMS/MMS text messaging. When an Android user is added, the contact name shows up in red with “Not registered with iMessage” as the error message. … This will tell the group message to use SMS/MMS instead of iMessage.
How do I make iCloud and iMessage the same?
After you are signed out, instead of your Apple ID on the screen, the option ‘Use your Apple ID for iMessage’ will appear in its spot. Tap on it. Use the same Apple ID for iMessage that is being used by iCloud on your iPhone to make sure all features of iMessage work properly.
Why is iMessage not working on my new iPhone?
Reboot iMessage by going to Settings > Messages and turning off iMessage, then turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the on/off switch, slide to power off, and then wait for your iPhone to start up again. Once you’ve rebooted, return to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage back on.
How do I send iMessage instead of SMS?
- Go to Settings > Messages.
- Toggle Send as SMS switch to on.
Why do my iMessages send Green?
If your iPhone messages are green, it means that they’re being sent as SMS text messages rather than as iMessages, which appear in blue. iMessages only work between Apple users. You’ll always see green when writing to Android users, or when you’re not connected to the internet.
How do I use my phone number for iMessage without SIM card?
Activate iMessage Without Phone Number Go to Settings > Messages > move the toggle next to iMessages to ON position and make sure your Apple ID is listed under “Send & Receive” entry. If it is not listed, tap on Send & Receive and select Use Apple ID for iMessage option on the next screen.