- 1 Can I put a Sprint SIM card in a MetroPCS phone?
- 2 What phones are compatible with Sprint?
- 3 Can I put my MetroPCS SIM card in an unlocked phone?
- 4 How do I know if my phone is compatible with MetroPCS?
- 5 Will any unlocked phone work with Sprint?
- 6 Can you just swap SIM cards on Sprint?
- 7 Can I put a Sprint SIM card in an unlocked phone?
- 8 How do I activate an unlocked phone with MetroPCS?
- 9 How much does MetroPCS charge to switch phones?
- 10 How can I activate a MetroPCS phone without paying?
- 11 Can I use at mobile phone on MetroPCS?
- 12 Can I put a MetroPCS SIM card in an iPhone?
- 13 What carriers are compatible with MetroPCS?
- 14 How do I activate an unlocked phone on Sprint?
- 15 How do I activate an unlocked phone with Sprint?
- 16 People also ask:
No. Metro PCS uses the T Mobile network, which is essentially AT&T. AT&T is a GSM network. Sprint is a CDMA network.
Can I put a Sprint SIM card in a MetroPCS phone?
Go to MetroPCS, open an account and port your number. A GSM phone cannot work with a CDMA carrier like Boost (using the Sprint network). The sim cards are totally different and cannot be interchanged.
What phones are compatible with Sprint?
- Apple iPhone 6, 6s and 6 Plus.
- Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus and X (from Verizon only)
- Google Pixel (including XL, 2, and XL 2)
- Moto e4 and e4 plus.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ (from Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile only)
Can I put my MetroPCS SIM card in an unlocked phone?
The carrier is accepting unlocked iPhones, Android phones, Windows phones, and certain feature phones, but not BlackBerrys, tablets, or hotspots. … Once you’ve unlocked your phone, you must purchase a MetroPCS-branded SIM card in order to get your phone on the network.
How do I know if my phone is compatible with MetroPCS?
Use the IMEI number to check if your phone is compatible with Metro by T-Mobile’s network. Once your compatible phone is unlocked, purchase a Metro SIM Card and choose a Metro rate plan.
Will any unlocked phone work with Sprint?
In addition, you can purchase an unlocked phone from a third party. Be sure this unlocked phone is a part of the CDMA network or it won’t work with Sprint. Most third parties will tell you ahead of time if the phone can or can’t be used on the Sprint network. … These types of phones will not work on the Sprint network.
Can you just swap SIM cards on Sprint?
In order to swap SIMs, you have to call Sprint customer service and have them pair your new device’s IMEI to the old SIM number. … For reference, Nexus 5s that were sold by Sprint didn’t even include a SIM ejector tool in the box because the assumption was that you shouldn’t ever need to change it.
Can I put a Sprint SIM card in an unlocked phone?
Nexus 6 is already domestically unlocked—with the exception of Nexus 6 devices on AT&T. A domestic SIM unlock allows you to insert a Sprint SIM card into your device and attempt to activate it on the Sprint network. … Visit a Sprint store to check your device’s compatibility.
How do I activate an unlocked phone with MetroPCS?
Activate a Metro device The first, and probably quickest, option is to activate by phone. Activate your phone by dialing 228 on your Metro device. Follow the instructions and enter your account information. You will need to pay your first bill and then your phone should be activated.
How much does MetroPCS charge to switch phones?
A $15 plus tax fee to change your device isn’t cheap, especially if you’re the type of person who likes to regularly switch to different phones. Now you can call Metro’s support and switch phones without having to pay a fee.
How can I activate a MetroPCS phone without paying?
MetroPCS allows phone activation even without service. All you need to do is call MetroPCS customer care number and they will activate your phone without paying. The other way is by visiting their store.
Can I use at mobile phone on MetroPCS?
Yes a T-Mobile phone will work on MetroPCS. The phone must be unlocked, you can not be still in contract with T-Mobile, you can not owe T-Mobile money, and you can not still be in the process of paying off your phone to T-Mobile.
Can I put a MetroPCS SIM card in an iPhone?
If it’s an iPhone you will have to call customer service to get it unlocked. Probably. Since T-Mobile owns Metro PCS, and Metro PCS uses the T-Mobile network, as long as both phones are GSM phones, it should be doable. No because the carriers use a clearing House where they transfer your number to another company.
What carriers are compatible with MetroPCS?
Verizon, U.S Cellular, Sprint, and other CDMA Carriers: For example, Barring the iPhone 4 all Verizon and U.S Cellular iPhones are compatible with MetroPCS. That said, a majority of other phones that have been using Sprint, Verizon or US Cellular networks will not work with MetroPCS.
How do I activate an unlocked phone on Sprint?
- Sign in to My Sprint with a valid username and password.
- In the My Account area, scroll down to the About my devices section and find the phone you would like to swap out.
- Select Activate a new phone from the drop down menu located to the right of the phone (shows Manage this device)
How do I activate an unlocked phone with Sprint?
- Go to sprint.com/activate.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Sign in to My Sprint using your username and password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.