- 1 Can I send text without a SIM card?
- 2 Can you text someone on an iPhone without a SIM card?
- 3 People also ask:
- 4 How can I text without showing my number?
- 5 What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
- 6 What happens if you don’t have a SIM card in your iPhone?
- 7 Can you use an iPhone without a phone number?
- 8 How do I activate iMessage without a SIM card?
- 9 Does * 67 work for text messages?
- 10 How do I hide my number?
- 11 How do you make your text messages private?
- 12 Can I just buy a phone and put my SIM card in it?
- 13 Does taking out the SIM card delete everything?
- 14 What information is stored on a SIM card?
- 15 What happens if you dont use a SIM card?
- 16 Can you activate an iPhone without a SIM card?
No you cannot text without a SIM card. You can connect to WiFi and use Whatsapp or other messaging apps, but for actual text messages, that is not possible without a SIM card. iMessage for iPhone users will work though. You cannot use SMS texting since that uses the cell network.
Can I send text without a SIM card?
But if your phone number isn’t working or a SIM isn’t inserted in your device, you won’t be able to send or receive SMS. That’s not the case with iMessage. You can use it without a phone number or a SIM card installed on your current device. … That can be through mobile data (if any SIM is installed) or Wi-Fi.
Can you text someone on an iPhone without a SIM card?
Yes you can use your Apple ID for iMessage, it shouldn’t be a problem. In order to activate iMessage on an iPhone, the phone has to be able to send an SMS. Without an active SIM, it can’t do that.
How can I text without showing my number?
- Open the phone app on your device. This is the app you use to call others.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Settings”.
- Open “Call Settings”.
- Select the SIM card you’re currently using.
- Go to “additional settings”.
- Tap on “Caller ID”.
- Select “Hide Number”.
What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
When you move your SIM to another phone, you keep the same cell phone service. SIM cards make it easy for you to have multiple phone numbers so you can switch between them whenever you like. … In contrast, only SIM cards from a specific cell phone company will work in its locked phones.
What happens if you don’t have a SIM card in your iPhone?
If your iPhone is displaying a No SIM Card Installed error, then you can’t connect to your wireless carrier’s network. This means you can’t use your wireless data over 4G or 5G, and you can’t make or receive calls.
Can you use an iPhone without a phone number?
Apple’s iMessage service allows you to send free iMessages and make FaceTime Calls to anyone using an Apple Device. … After this, you will be able to send and receive iMessages and make FaceTime calls from your iPhone, without having an active Phone Number.
How do I activate iMessage without a SIM card?
- Add an iCloud account to your iPhone or iPad (if you haven’t done that already).
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Messages.
- Tap on Send & Receive.
Does * 67 work for text messages?
The most well-known vertical service code in North America is *67. If you want to hide your number and make a private call, just dial *67 before entering the destination number you want to contact. … But keep in mind that this only works for phone calls, not text messages.
How do I hide my number?
Use *67 to hide your phone number This trick works for smartphones and landlines. Open your phone’s keypad and dial * – 6 – 7, followed by the number you’re trying to call. The free process hides your number, which will show up on the other end as “Private” or “Blocked” when reading on caller ID.
How do you make your text messages private?
Open the Settings app on your Android device. Choose Apps & notifications > Notifications. Under the Lock Screen setting, choose Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
Can I just buy a phone and put my SIM card in it?
In general yes. In most cases, you can take a SIM card out of one phone and put it into another, and the new phone will work for calls and texts like the original one had. However, this can depend on the exact model of the phones, the way your phone company authenticates devices, and if the phones are locked.
Does taking out the SIM card delete everything?
Absolutely no. Removing a SIM card from iPhone or Android doesn’t erase data from the phone, rather the phone will be offline. That is to say that the phone will display no service, and you can’t make calls, receive calls or receive messages. No internet services on your phone unless you connect to a Wi-Fi network.
What information is stored on a SIM card?
Despite the complicated name, it’s basically your phone number. They can also store contact information, telephone numbers, SMS messages, billing information and data usage. Plus, your SIM will have a personal identification number (PIN) to protect against theft.
What happens if you dont use a SIM card?
Without a SIM card, a GSM phone won’t be able to tap into any mobile network. The card holds all the critical information. By comparison, CDMA carriers keep a list of all phones that can use their network. Phones are tracked by their ESN (electronic serial number) so they don’t need SIM cards.
Can you activate an iPhone without a SIM card?
Can you use an iPhone without a SIM card? Yes, you can. But the tricky part is activating and setting up the phone in the first place.